In September last year, the Nord Stream pipelines, which connect Russia to Germany through the Baltic Sea, were destroyed by two bomb attacks. It is still unclear who is responsible for this. Now new information is coming to light.
According to a joint investigation by ARD, SWR, “Zeit” and the Dutch broadcaster NOS, the Dutch military intelligence service MIVD is said to have received information about an “imminent attack” on Nord Stream from an anonymous source in Ukraine in June. the Supreme Commander of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, General Valery Zaluzhny, is planning an operation against Nord Stream with a small team of divers on a sailboat, to take place in mid-June 2022.
More: New CIA documents leaked – USA are said to have known about Ukrainian plans before the Nord Stream attack
Dutch secret service is said to have supplied information to the USA
Dutch intelligence allegedly passed the information to the US, which contacted Ukraine through the CIA to warn them, the reports said.
At the end of September 2022, a total of four leaks in the two gas pipelines were discovered after explosions near the Danish Baltic Sea island of Bornholm. On October 10, the Federal Public Prosecutor had initiated preliminary proceedings against unknown persons. It’s about the suspicion of intentionally causing an explosive explosion and anti-constitutional sabotage.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has always denied any involvement in the attack.